Monday, January 30, 2012

Family Trip


At the Children's Museum
By Atlas

Zander, my mom, my dad, Dude, Waylon and I all went on a trip to the twin cities. The twin cities are St. Paul and Minneapolis.  The 4 of us all got a huge suite.  Then we all settled down for 4 days.  It was great.  On the first day we went to a museum.  We got into the museum it was a children’s museum and it was humongous!  My mom, Zander and I where all there but my dad was at work.  We went inside the biggest room of all, there was a light room, a water area, and pretty big building area too, and of course we went to them all.  It was time to go eat so we ate.  I had a Salami sandwich and some juice that my mom packed for us.  Then we had to go so we went back to the car and drove to the hotel, or as Zander likes to call it hotello.  It was a long drive to the hotel so Zander fell asleep so we had to sit in the parking lot for 1 hour.  That part wasn’t fun.

Finally, my brother woke up. We went inside the hotel and relaxed for a bit.  I built lego cop cars and a criminal then we went swimming when my dad came to back.  I had a phobia of the pool drains.  Then we went to bed.  It was hard to sleep.  The next morning we woke up.  It was Wednesday.  We got up and went to enjoy our free breakfast.  Then, we went to the museum again.  My favorite part was the nature room.  After the we were done at the museum we walked to the park to see the ice sculptures but thee was only a wall of ice.  Then we walked all the way back to the car and drove to the hotel and of course Zander fell asleep again.  Then we went to pick up Dad.  We all went inside the hotel and ate our free dinner and then went swimming and then finally to sleep.
Me, reading with Lucy in the park. 

Me and Zander at the ice wall, Landmark Park, St. Paul.
Thursday we woke up and ate our breakfast in the hotel, it was great.  Next Dad went to work.  Zander, mom and I went to America’s biggest furniture store, IKEA.  We ate lunch there too.  Zander went to Small Land, and he said it was fun.  Then we went to the hotel and did arts and crafts.  Next, Dad came back and we went swimming.  Then I used something unbelievable but true.  I used my powers on Zander!!!  And I taught Zander how to swim in like 3 seconds at least.  I figured that if I wasn’t’ thinking about magic powers I could use them.  And that’s not the first time I’ve used them.  One time I got 1 hundred dollars from them.  On Washington Island I found a wallet that I liked and I found $100 in it.  I was even in the news paper, but it didn’t’ last long. 
Anyway, then we ate dinner and it was really good.  Then we all went to sleep.  I woke up at 6:11.  When I woke up I remembered something, I was going to the Mall of America!!! I couldn’t wait So, I got up right away and got my clothes on.  We were off to breakfast I ate as fast as I could.  I was eating like a starving pig.  Then we got in the car and drove to the Mall of America.  My dad, Zander and I got out of the car.  Mom would pick us up in an hour.  We went straight to the amusement park and rode some rides.  There was this one ride, it was a log ride it had 2 huge slopes like a waterfall.  I nearly was blown off of the ride.  Then our time was up so we packed back up in the car and drove home and as a result I had a great week.


We're going down!









1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a terrific weekend, and I can see from your photos and what you've written that you did it all! Are you gritting your teeth as you go down the waterside in the log, or just swallowing hard? I have a suggestion for any time you'd like to have Zander be more quiet...take a ride in your car and turn up the heater! He seems to like falling asleep in the back seat. Well, Atlas, thanks for your story, and I'll look forward to the next Beneda family adventures. - Papa P.

    ReplyDelete